jasonD2

Only Gluten Symptom I Get

Rate this topic

is a kinda tingling sensation in my legs. Still never diagnosed with celiac but carry DQ8 and had elevated stool antibodies. could the tingling be a symptom of celiac? could it also be a symptom of non-celiac gluten intolerance?

Where in your legs?

I detect whether or not I've been minimally glutened by the tingling/tightening sensation I get just above one of my knees. That is the most sensitive symptom for me. Sounds like it could very well could be a symptom for you, but there is no way to know unless you go for the diet (I'm guessing you have not?) and see whether or not that symptoms fades. It could also be related to vitamin deficiency, which could result from malabsorption related to gluten. Elevated antibodies tell me that there is a high chance it could be related to gluten, with all the nerve damage that gluten is capable of. Goodluck and best wishes

All throughout my legs and sometimes my arms too..usually its subtle and i often wonder if it could also be psychosomatic to a certain extent. I have been on the diet but i do eat out a lot and even though im always careful its not fullproof and im sure i get exposed to trace amts of gluten on occasion. I decided to not live in a bubble and make my own food all the time cause thats just not who I am, so I just do the best i can and try to pick restaurants that are safe for people who need to be gluten-free