Simona19

A New Symptom?

Rate this topic

O, My God!!!!

I had the EEG done on Friday. At first I was ok for about 3 minutes, but then the technician told me to bread deeply in and out for 3 minutes. After a few breeds I felt lightheaded, then I was ok, but the last 30 seconds something happened. I had invalentery movement in my head. It was shaking by itself. It was some kind of tick. I had the EEG done two times before, but nothing like this happened.

What was that? I'm scared. I need to wait for the result until Tuesday, or Wensday. It can be related to the celiac disease, or it's just result from hyperventilating?

O, My God!!!!

I had the EEG done on Friday. At first I was ok for about 3 minutes, but then the technician told me to bread deeply in and out for 3 minutes. After a few breeds I felt lightheaded, then I was ok, but the last 30 seconds something happened. I had invalentery movement in my head. It was shaking by itself. It was some kind of tick. I had the EEG done two times before, but nothing like this happened.

What was that? I'm scared. I need to wait for the result until Tuesday, or Wensday. It can be related to the celiac disease, or it's just result from hyperventilating?

Simona19,

I have involuntary brain movement a lot. That is actually one of the symptoms that helped me discover celiac and gluten intolerance. I have not been tested for either, but have begun the gluten free diet to see if it helps. I'm only on my second day of dieting. I started having the brain movements right after my son was born, in July of 2007. I was sitting on the couch watching tv late one night, and all of sudden it felt like my brain jumped in my head. It freaked me out something awful! After that I felt little movements and lightheadedness almost everday for a year. I finally made an appointment with a doctor and he had an MRI done on my brain. They didn't use dye though, which bothered me, but it came back only showing mild thickening of the sinuses. :/ Anyway, I just kind of delt with it, and tried to ignore it. Then last year I developed severe anxiety among other symptoms and antidepressants have not really helped. I've been trying to figure out what my problem is for so long and I came across Celiac and Gluten intolerance. Anxiety is a symptom with a lot of people and I even discovered that some people have the brain movements too. They refer to them as Brain jolts or shocks, etc. I have all the brain fog, recall problems, sleep problems, heartburn/stomach burn, etc. as well. I really do hope that this is my long awaited answer and cure to my problems, especially the anxiety!! Hopefully that was just a one time incident with you...maybe just a freak reaction to the test you were having done. Anyway, I know how annoying and scary that feeling is, but your not alone. Good Luck!