kellerg2

Wheat In Hair Gel

Rate this topic

I just recently started my gluten free diet about a week and a half ago. I have still been having some slight pain in my sides and some general cramps in my stomach towards the end of the day at work. Last night I looked at the label on my hair gel now that i am learning more about my new lifestyle and noticed that there is definitely a wheat product in the gel. Is it possible that this could be whats causing my pains?

Keep in mind that the diet doesn't heal us instantly and it can take some time before symptoms go away. I would drop that hair gel and look for something that is gluten free. Dove, Suave, Garneir, Giovanni and Unilever are among those companies that will clearly label gluten ingredients in their products.

It took me almost 5 months to feel anywhere near normal so din't discount it yet... definitely try a different hair gel though :)

Yep, took me five months to feel 80% better and a whole year to feel 100%. I would change your hair gel, too. It's not worth it to risk getting sick over a hair gel. ;)

I really like Paul Mitchell products. A lot of their products don't have wheat in them ,but if they do, it's in bold print listed simply, (wheat).

Hang in there! :)