Rate this topic

Our daughter has celiac disease and my husband and I are both getting tested. Since she has celiac disease, does that mean that at least one of us will have it?

Our daughter has celiac disease and my husband and I are both getting tested. Since she has celiac disease, does that mean that at least one of us will have it?

While it doesn't always mean that one of you has the disease it does mean that one or both of you carry the genes. Glad to see you are both being tested and any other children should also be screened. If one of you shows positive then your parents and brothers and sisters should also be screened.

• Upvote 1

While it doesn't always mean that one of you has the disease it does mean that one or both of you carry the genes. Glad to see you are both being tested and any other children should also be screened. If one of you shows positive then your parents and brothers and sisters should also be screened.

Thank you. Our son is also being tested. We find out in a week.

Thank you. Our son is also being tested. We find out in a week.

Keep in mind there can be high rates of false negatives so if folks have any health issues even if they test negative a trial of the diet won't hurt.