koolsharkz

Elisa Test Experiences?

Rate this topic

I'm seeing an allergist next week, and am planning to request an ELISA allergy test. My question is, do you need to have all of the foods that you expect to react to in your system? I've been eating gluten again, but still avoiding dairy. Should I put dairy back in until the test?

I hope this isn't a totally unnecessary question, but I don't know how long before the test I'd need to reintroduce the food... it seems like it might work differently from the celiac panel that requires heavy, heavy amounts of gluten.

Thank you for your help! :)

-Emily

I'm seeing an allergist next week, and am planning to request an ELISA allergy test. My question is, do you need to have all of the foods that you expect to react to in your system? I've been eating gluten again, but still avoiding dairy. Should I put dairy back in until the test?

I hope this isn't a totally unnecessary question, but I don't know how long before the test I'd need to reintroduce the food... it seems like it might work differently from the celiac panel that requires heavy, heavy amounts of gluten.

Thank you for your help! :)

-Emily

Yes. You need to be regularly eating any foods that are problematic for you. ELISA is a blood test. So you need the antibodies in your blood to show a reaction on that test. Resume ASAP eating any foods you stopped eating recently. Hopefully a week should be enough before the test.

I had already been diagnosed with dairy and gluten intolerance before I took the ELISA. So I had stopped eating dairy and gluten. My ELISA test didn't show any reactions to foods I had stopped eating for awhile.