healinginprogress

A Good Day In Glutenfreeland!

Rate this topic

So while I still had some very MINOR burpy and bloaty, I felt better than I have in a LOOOOOONG time!!! I even de-glutened my entire kitchen (well, I cleaned everything except my SO's gluten-cupboard) and managed to not get glutened! I had energy, it was crazy! I ate small portions of the "safe" foods on my elimination diet and ate frequently. I cleaned for HOURS and now feel really confident that my kitchen isn't glutening me. I was also very careful and used hand sanitizer after feeding the dogs, etc.

I HOPE this means that my gut is finally settling down and soon I'll be able to reintroduce some more foods...cuz things are pretty bland right now! But I'll take bland over tearing my insides apart any day! Finally, some hope!

Congratulations! Isn't it amazing to have ENERGY!?!?!?!?! Good luck going forward. :)

• Upvote 1

But I'll take bland over tearing my insides apart any day!

I could not agree more :D Things are pretty bland but amazingly wonderful at my house too :lol:

I am glad you are finding some relief,,, Are you working with a dietitian or doctor?? I would suggest adding back foods very slowly ,one at a time , in pure form,waiting at least 4 to7 days after interdiction before assuming they are safe,,

be well :)

I could not agree more :D Things are pretty bland but amazingly wonderful at my house too :lol:

I am glad you are finding some relief,,, Are you working with a dietitian or doctor?? I would suggest adding back foods very slowly ,one at a time , in pure form,waiting at least 4 to7 days after interdiction before assuming they are safe,,

be well :)

Yes, that is my plan...if my symptoms are good for a few more days here, I would like to try introducing one thing from either nightshades, soy, corn, dairy, or eggs. Any suggestion of what to introduce first? I was thinking either something from soy (tofu?), or something from nightshades (potatoe?).

My doctor told me to go gluten-free based on positive blood tests, but I don't get to see a dietitian until after I attend a celiac group on the 16th. In the meantime, because I was still getting sick, I researched about the elimination diet. I found a bit of conflicting info, though. Basically, I plan to, as you said introduce one food in it's pure form and eat it three times on the first day and then not again and go back to the elimination diet that I was asymptomatic on for a week and note any changes. Is that right?

Here's hoping for another good day! I slept okay, it's early and I'm UP and don't feel angry at the world or ridiculously groggy...my body wouldn't even let me sleep in lol I still would like to be sleeping a bit longer, but I will DEFINITELY take the energy for now and hope it lasts :D

Yes, that is my plan...if my symptoms are good for a few more days here, I would like to try introducing one thing from either nightshades, soy, corn, dairy, or eggs. Any suggestion of what to introduce first? I was thinking either something from soy (tofu?), or something from nightshades (potatoe?).

I would reintroduce what ever one is most nutritionally advantages for you,,for example ,, if you are vegan and are low in protein I would try the soy,, if you are having trouble making your daily calories I would try the potatoes ect.....

Here is to another TERRIFIC DAY :D

I would reintroduce what ever one is most nutritionally advantages for you,,for example ,, if you are vegan and are low in protein I would try the soy,, if you are having trouble making your daily calories I would try the potatoes ect.....

Here is to another TERRIFIC DAY :D

Thank you so much!!!

Yeah, I was thinking almost more from a financial point of view that I would try soy first and hopefully be okay with it, because chicken and lamb are getting expensive LOL I'm having yams and brown rice as my starchy carbs, so I'm not really missing potatoes, I only thought to reintroduce nightshades first because I don't think I will have an intolerance to them. I REALLY hope I can have soy...I think I will try it first. How is your elimination diet going?

How is your elimination diet going?

It is going well. I have had some BIG surprises along the way but over all very well.

I believe I have pinpointed most ,if not all, of my remaining intolerances, I have also found some allergys I did not realize I had :o and I have be able to develop a safe list of foods that I can depend on.

Now the important thing is to stay clear of my intolerances so my gut can heal ,,,,who knows, maybe at some point,after I heal, I can reintroduce some of them back into my diet :D