Lalama

Malabsorption-Does This Mean You Need Vitamin Shots?

Rate this topic

My doctor told me I have malabosorption and put me on an isotonic multivitamin. He never tested all my vitamin levels and I didn't think to ask him until reading up on this forum. I was going to buy magnesium to help with bad cramps, but now I am wondering if it is pointless because of the malabsorption issue. Any thoughts?

My doctor told me I have malabosorption and put me on an isotonic multivitamin. He never tested all my vitamin levels and I didn't think to ask him until reading up on this forum. I was going to buy magnesium to help with bad cramps, but now I am wondering if it is pointless because of the malabsorption issue. Any thoughts?

Your small intestine is about 16 feet long. Even if 75% is damaged, you are getting some nutrients through the good parts. If you are gluten-free, you start healing immediately. Not all parts right away, but some everyday after a few weeks. It would probably be good to see what you are low on and keep track to make sure you are getting what you need. In the beginning, I took lots of iron and other vitamins to make sure some of it was always available for the "good parts" to eat.

This is true,I have been gluten free for about 5 months now so hopefully my absorption is improving :) I think I will go ahead and get the magnesium supplements until I get my vitamin levels checked. Thanks for your response!