ndw3363

When Will I Feel Better?

Rate this topic

I've been gluten free to 2.5 weeks so far. I was really tired and foggy last week which was annoying but bearable. This week I'm a mess. I have a migraine (haven't had one of these in almost a year), my DH is out of control, I got yet ANOTHER yeast infection (sorry if TMI) and I'm having terrible foot/lower leg cramps at night. Is this all just part of the detox process?? I changed all of my bathroom products to make sure they were gluten free due to the DH. But I cannot stop itching. It got better for about a week, and now it's back with a vengence - like it knows I'm trying to kill it! :ph34r: I'm taking b-complex, magnesium, and flax seed oil supplements (all gluten free). I guess I'm just venting, but did anything similar happen to any of you? I'm just hoping that this will pass soon - feeling worse AFTER cutting out gluten is really frustrating!

Welcome to the forum.

You are probably going through withdrawls which is very common. Gluten has an opiate effect and you can have symptoms from stopping eating it.

Make sure your suppliments do not have barley grass in them, some do and still say gluten-free.

I can tell you from recent experience, it does get better. For me it took about six weeks for things to calm down. There is definitely some withdrawal symptoms which sometimes feel worse than just eating gluten. If you stick it out, it will go away. Hang in there, take each day as it comes. Your body has a lot of healing to do.

The withdrawl can be a bear but it will pass. With the DH try to avoid iodine in foods and supplements for bit until the flares resolve. It can take some time to heal and do go with as many whole unprocessed foods as you can. Make sure your not sharing condiments and have replaced scratched cookware, colanders and get a dedicated new toaster. I hope your feeling better soon.