Jennywenny

Pain From Gastroscopy?

Rate this topic

well i just had my gastroscopy done on Saturday morning (yesterday). I was told i could resume a normal diet so I ate something a couple of hours later. I immediately got heartburn and lots of pain in my stomach. After a couple of hours of sleeping, the pain was a little better but the heartburn was still there so i took a Pepsid AC. Most of the heartburn went away with the pill. This morning I had a really bad headache and when I ate breakfast, I started to get stomach pain again (but not as much as the day before) and just a little bit of heartburn. Generally, my stomach feels kind of sour. It's a bit hard to describe. Anyway, when I had my bowel movement this morning, there was no blood in my stool, but i noticed that when i wiped, there was blood on the toilet paper. I thought maybe I had gotten my period and the blood had travelled, but further wiping confirmed it was not my period. It's in the afternoon now and I haven't noticed any more blood from my rectal area, so I think that's good. Does anyone know if this is normal?? Has anyone had these symptoms after their gastroscopy?? I called the clinic where i went but like most places, they are closed on Sundays. I'm not too concerned at the moment, but I was just wondering what everyone else's experiences were like with their gastroscopies....

I didn't have any pain personally. Mainly I wanted to say that if you have already had bloodwork done now that the biopsy is done you can start the diet and see if it helps. You need to do that no matter what the test results so there is no reason to wait for the results to come in. If you continue to have discomfort or it gets worse do call your doctor to be on the safe side. I hope your feeling better soon.

I don't want to start the diet just yet cuz I have a colonoscopy booked at the end of the month and for some reason I want to be done all tests before I start experimenting with my diet. Also I'm feeling much better today with very mild stomach pain when i have a meal but it gets better every day. I think the doc just did some major scraping for the biopsy samples, which is good I think? LOL

Thanx ravenwoodglass!

I don't want to start the diet just yet cuz I have a colonoscopy booked at the end of the month and for some reason I want to be done all tests before I start experimenting with my diet. Also I'm feeling much better today with very mild stomach pain when i have a meal but it gets better every day. I think the doc just did some major scraping for the biopsy samples, which is good I think? LOL

Thanx ravenwoodglass!

Since the colonoscopy doesn't test for celiac you can go ahead and start the diet now. Being on the diet won't effect that test but it may do away with your symptoms before the test is even done.

oh i know it doesn't test for celiac and i can wait another 2 weeks (i've had symptoms for 15 years)... i know it sounds weird and illogical, but i just don't want to start the elimination diet until all my tests are done... plus it'll be a new month in 2 weeks and it'll be time to buy more groceries by then so it just makes more sense to me. ;)

oh sorry, you meant my gastroscopy symptoms... they get better every day so i should be fine very soon... :) thanx again :)