Teri Lou

Cooking Challanged Individual Seeks Advice

Rate this topic

Was planning a delicious gourmet dinner tonight, but it really flopped. Instead of a nice creamy sauce for my carbonora it sort of curdled on me. (I served it anyway- hehe and am hoping not to kill anyone). What did I do wrong? I kept the burner on low as I added the eggs and cheese and stirred fairly constantly. Any gourmet cooks out there with advice/ suggestions? (My husband thanks you in advance!!)

Was planning a delicious gourmet dinner tonight, but it really flopped. Instead of a nice creamy sauce for my carbonora it sort of curdled on me. (I served it anyway- hehe and am hoping not to kill anyone). What did I do wrong? I kept the burner on low as I added the eggs and cheese and stirred fairly constantly. Any gourmet cooks out there with advice/ suggestions? (My husband thanks you in advance!!)

When I add the eggs, etc. I move the pan off the heat first so the eggs don't curdle. And beat the crap out of the eggs! I always add some of the pasta water to make the sauce a bit thinner and creamier. The cheese then melts into unctuousness!

Don't let this discourage you from trying it again! Keep experimenting and having fun in the kitchen. :D

Thanks for the response! I LOVE to cook, but my creations tend to either be really good or really UGH :) Will beat the crap out of my eggs next time off the heat!

Thanks for the response! I LOVE to cook, but my creations tend to either be really good or really UGH :) Will beat the crap out of my eggs next time off the heat!

Beat the crap out of the eggs first and then add off the heat and you'll be fine! :P