seileyceliac

Pregnancy

Rate this topic

Ok so this is my story after a long and hard pregnancy in 2008 and then pancreatitis and a gallbladder removal i was diagnosed with celiacs through two tissue samples and a blood test. Since then my family and I have all been gluten free, and while i have accidentally glutinized myself a few times along the way I have rarely had any symptoms and in fact have felt healthier than I have ever in my life. This weekend I found out I was pregnant and was either threatening to miscarry or already had, i have to go back in tom for another HcG blood test.I've done some research and i know there is a link between miscarriages and celiacs although it seems no one knows why. but i guess when you have a disease that you have to explain to most doctors because they don't know what it is i guess i shouldn't be surprised. so my question is does anyone who has had a successful pregnancy have any ideas on what i can do to improve my chances for a viable pregnancy next time.

I am sorry to hear you may have miscarried. Having been there the not knowing is nerve racking and then (in my case) the knowing was heartbreaking. I'd like to be able to say I did something different that resulted in a happy baby. But I did everything the same. I had 2 easy pregnancies followed by 3 miscarriages followed by another easy pregnancy. I was not diagnosed so I was eating gluten but was asymptomatic.

I hope you will be blessed with a healthy baby soon.

I'm sorry about the pregnancy.

The best things you can do is to stay gluten free and make sure your vitamins are checked and normal. I'm wondering if it would be worth having your hormone levels checked to see if you need to have progesterone supplemented the first 6 weeks of pregnancy.