beckseyboo

Does This Sound Like Celiac?

Rate this topic

Hiya.

I've had these symptoms for ages, but I had blood tests last year to rule out celiac disease.. now i'm experiencing similar symptoms again, but worse - they all indicate celiac disease. I'll explain them:

Firstly, i'm a type 1 diabetic, and know that I am more susceptable to auto-immune disease such as celiac disease, but am aware that this doesn't mean I have it.

I get severe upper abdominal cramps often; headaches; feel dizzy and tired often; feel bloated sometimes without barely eaten; my appetite is usually good, but during this recent bout of (what do I call it) 'illness,' i've completly lost my appetite; I have various bowel motions from solids to bright yellow liquids (currently, they're the latter and i've had this for the past 84hours pretty much non stop unless I haven't eaten, which is what i've now taken to doing). The yellow squits happened last time about 2 hours after eating a slice of toast with butter.

I think I should go to mr dr and ask for a celiac blood test.

What do you think?

Hiya.

I've had these symptoms for ages, but I had blood tests last year to rule out celiac disease.. now i'm experiencing similar symptoms again, but worse - they all indicate celiac disease. I'll explain them:

I think I should go to mr dr and ask for a celiac blood test.

What do you think?

The symptoms you describe sound painful. I hope you can get some relief. I have found from reading a lot of the posts that not all doctors give the full up to date Celiac panel blood tests. Do you know which blood tests your doctor had tested you for previously?