nuttmegs17

Embarrassing Question About Endoscopy

Rate this topic

Hi!

I called my doc's office but no one has called back and it's towards the end of the day...

I have my endoscopy scheduled for tomorrow morning...does it matter if you are...ummm....how to put it delicatly?...backed up? I'm not sure if that will mess with the test results or if I should take a laxative or something or what. I know you aren't supposed to eat 12 hours beforehand which will be no problem, but it made it wonder if that is the reason why....

Please advise if you know!

Thanks!

I was told you don't eat because the medicine makes some people nauseated and they don't want you throwing up during the procedure. Being backed up shouldn't be an issue as far as the test is concerned.

Hi!

I called my doc's office but no one has called back and it's towards the end of the day...

I have my endoscopy scheduled for tomorrow morning...does it matter if you are...ummm....how to put it delicatly?...backed up? I'm not sure if that will mess with the test results or if I should take a laxative or something or what. I know you aren't supposed to eat 12 hours beforehand which will be no problem, but it made it wonder if that is the reason why....

Please advise if you know!

Thanks!

I believe the reason they tell you to fast for 12 hours before hand is so that your stomach is empty. Being "backed up" may be uncomfortable but wont effect your endoscopy .

Now a colonoscopy is a whole other story ( or end :lol: )

I believe the reason they tell you to fast for 12 hours before hand is so that your stomach is empty. Being "backed up" may be uncomfortable but wont effect your endoscopy .

Now a colonoscopy is a whole other story ( or end :lol: )

HAHA,

Thank you guys so much! I have been dying to get this overwith and was suddenly struck with the fear that I would be turned away and have to endure another week or 2.

Yes, definitely uncomfortable, but glad to know it doesnt seem to be a deal breaker.

Take care!