greenhillsfive

Not Feeling Well Since gluten-free

Rate this topic

Hi,

I've been gluten-free for almost one month now and am feeling yucky - stomach upset, diarrhea. Is this some sort of die-off?

Don't worry, I'm not going back, just wondering how long it will take to feel better.

Thanks

Hi,

I've been gluten-free for almost one month now and am feeling yucky - stomach upset, diarrhea. Is this some sort of die-off?

Don't worry, I'm not going back, just wondering how long it will take to feel better.

Thanks

It can take a while and you might be sensitive to all foods until you begin to heal. Also you might want to review your diet to make sure something is not sneaking past you.

What have you been eating and did you eliminate all possible sources of cross-contamination-- Old pans, wooden spoons, new toster, etc?

Since I've become gluten-free two months ago I've noticed that as soon as I do not have enough fibre (that I used to get from tons of gluten-laden products) I have those symptoms. When I get enough fibre no problem. Perhaps something else to look into? My dietician told me to get 25g per day so I am really trying to adhere to that.