freeatlast

Bags Of Grated Coconut At Indiana Grocery

Rate this topic

I saw lots of bags of grated coconut at the Indian Grocery yesterday and wondered if I put some in a coffee grinder if it would turn into coconut flour.

Anyone tried this? If this would work, it would be a very inexpensive way to get coconut flour.

I saw lots of bags of grated coconut at the Indian Grocery yesterday and wondered if I put some in a coffee grinder if it would turn into coconut flour.

Anyone tried this? If this would work, it would be a very inexpensive way to get coconut flour.

Haven't tried making coconut flour that way but it might work. I've found coconut powder at Indian stores too. It's a coarser texture than the coconut flour but might be passable depending on what you're making. How about asking the manager at the Indian store if they can order coconut flour for you? I store extra bags of shredded coconut in the freezer to keep them fresh.

Haven't tried making coconut flour that way but it might work. I've found coconut powder at Indian stores too. It's a coarser texture than the coconut flour but might be passable depending on what you're making. How about asking the manager at the Indian store if they can order coconut flour for you? I store extra bags of shredded coconut in the freezer to keep them fresh.

That's a good idea. I got some rice flour there, but it is coarser than Bob's RM and the Japanese brand I've been getting, but way cheap.

Here's an article that seems to indicate that you can but it will not be the same as store-bought coconut flour: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/coconut-flour/

Actually, it sounds like homemade would be better. If you try it let us know how it works.