reklew6

Celiac And Chemical Imbalance

Rate this topic

My son was diagnosed Celiac in December 2007. In May of 2008, he was "diagnosed" ADHD. His ADHD is actually a chemical imbalance...high adrenaline and low serotonin. Administering meds is not high on my list of treatment right now. We tried stimulants and non-stimulants. Little success, plus am concenred about long-term affects. Would rather find natural approach IF possible.

He is on a strict gluten-free diet, but I wonder if he is eating improperly even on the gluten-free diet. It appears the imbalance might be worsened by eating too many refined carbs. By descriptions I've read, he almost sounds hypoglygemic. He usually eats two bowls of cereal each morning plus turkey sausages. PB&J on gluten-free bread for lunch. Lots of strawberries, apples and bananas. Loves white rice and gluten-free pasta. Won't eat eggs or potatoes.

Anyone have similar challenge with behaviorally challenge celiac kid?

you might try cross posting on the behavoir board (all the way down on the bottom) - i didn't realize it was there and posted my similar thread here too but you might get adults with celiac who might know there too.