This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Brain Fog / Organix Testing

joej1

joej1 Apprentice

Hey guys,

I think my case was pretty severe. Had bad adrenal function, brain fog, dizziness, anxiety blah blah blah. I have been off gluten for 3 months and while the anxiety/panic symptoms are doing a bit better my energy levels and brain fog are still up there. I'm sure i have pretty bad intestinal issues, leaky gut, etc. My best guess is that this stuff has a lot to do with the leaky gut and malapsorbtion issues. Did these type of issues resolve for people quickly? I am guessing it has to do with vitamin levels and I am debating getting an organix test which will tell me a lot about my vitamin status as well as other markers of candida, detoxification pathways and the like. has anybody ever gotten the organix test done?

-Joe

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MBK Newbie

This is something I have been truly curious about also. I was told during my initial stages of recovery, I am not supposed to take viatims and minerals, except Vit B and D. But for how long and when is the lining supposed to heal? You've been recovering for 3 months and still have GI issues?

As you stated, is detoxification the answer? Ive never heard of the organix test before. I'm not much help, only more Qs :)

joej1 Apprentice

Haha yea there are always questions with this stuff eh? Well it can take a long time to heal from all this. Organix testing basically tests markers in your body to test energy production, carb/fat metabolism, detox capacity and things like that. It also tests for markers of candida/bacterial overgrowth. I mean the end result will probably be the same but i think that knowing some of these things and working with someone experienced will really help speed the process.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Yankavich
    Newest Member
    Yankavich
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      You have three celiac disease specific antibody tests that are positive: Endomysial  Antibody IGA (aka, EMA), tTG-IGA, and tTG_IGG. Furthermore, your Immunoglobulin A at 55 is low, meaning you are IGA deficient. This one is not an antibody test for celaic disease per se but a measure of "total IGA" levels and if low (yours is low) it can suppress the individual antibody scores and even cause false negatives. So, yes, it definitely looks like you have celiac disease.   Do not yet begin a gluten free diet as your physician may refer you to a GI doc for an endoscopy/biopsy of the small bowel lining for confirmation of the antibody testing. This may help:   
    • Bayb
      Hi, I received my labs via email yesterday and have not heard back from my doctor yet. Can anyone tell me if these results indicate I have Celiac?      Endomysial Antibody IgAPositive  Ft-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA6  H0-3 (U/mL) - Negative 0 - 3 - Weak Positive 4 - 10 - Positive >10 - Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) has been identified as the endomysial antigen. Studies have demonstrated that endomysial IgA antibodies have over 99% specificity for gluten-sensitive enteropathy. FImmunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum55  L87-352 (mg/dL) Ft-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG183  H0-5 (U/mL) - Negative 0 - 5 - Weak Positive 6 - 9 - Positive >9
    • Aussienae
      Mine is definitely triggered by inflammation and stress! I do also have arthritis in my spine, but the pain is more in my pelvic area. Im sure i have other food intolerances or other autoimmune isues but the more I focus on it and see doctor after doctor, it just gets worse.  Best thing is get of Gluten! (I also avoid lactose). Try to limit stress and anything that causes inflammation in your body.
    • ButWhatCanIEat
      Good morning,   I got an email about replies to this post. Some of my doctors had blamed a slipped disc for the pain I had and that contributes, but after meeting with a gastroenterologist AGAIN and trying some lifestyle modifications, I found out I have IBS and can't tolerate corn or excessive fructose to any degree. Cutting out corn AFTER having cut out all gluten containing products was a real pain but I feel much better now!
    • trents
      So, I contacted Scott Adams, the author of that article and also the creator/admin of this website, and pointed out to him the need to clarify the information in the paragraph in question. He has now updated the paragraph and it is clear that the DGP-IGA does serve the purpose of circumventing the false negatives that IGA deficiencies can generate in the tTG-IGA antibody test.