kdickinson

And The Results Are....

Rate this topic

Not real sure? So here are my results, please help me understand them.

TTG Antibody, IGA <3 - Negative

Immunoglobulin A 164 81-463 mg/dL

Gliadin Antibody (IGA) <3 - Negative

no IGg antibodies tested I guess...

Also they tested me for

Saccharomyces Cerevisiae AB (ASCA) (IGG) 24.2 - Positive.

What does that even mean? I've never heard of this test?

Does this mean I'm negative for Celiac? or are IGA tests the ones that bring back a lot of false negatives?

I have an appointement with the GI to get scoped next week, I'm just trying to figure out what all of this stuff is.

Thanks for any advise!

All I know about your positive test is that is indicative of an inflammatory bowel disease. It could be celiac, crohns or colitis. Sorry I cant be more helpful. The endoscopy should be helpful in diagnosis. make sure they take plenty of biopsy's

Saccharomyces Cerevisiae is a yeast, so maybe they are looking for some kind of infection that could be causing issues?

Sorry, I'm not sure .-.

Thanks for the replies. I saw that when I googled it. Interesting. I hope like crazy it's not crohns or anything. I hear that it is a pain to manage.

Your Immunoglobulin A (total serum IgA) result indicates that you produce normal quantities of IgA, and therefore it is not necessary to run the IgG versions of the tests. So yes, your tests were negative for Celiac Disease. But keep in mind the 20% of false negatives that this testing produces. Also, they did not run the EMA or the DGP tests which make up the complete celiac panel. Since the tTG measures the tissue response to gluten, a lot of doctors run this test only because celiac disease is defined as damage to the tissues in the small intestine.

None of which says much about your body's ability to tolerate gluten. :P I am glad you are having the scope. Make sure he takes at least six biopsy samples.