Lalama

Dh And Sun

Rate this topic

Ok, so I was doing really well with the dh thing and it seemed like it was mostly going away. Then this week it was really nice out, so I went for a short walk each day. This morning I noticed all these little dh blisters on my chin area. I didn't think the sun would cause such a strong reaction...unless it's from somthing else. This is really frustrating ecspecially because I am working at an outdoor camp this summer. And, whenever I wear sunblock it makes the rash worse, not sure what to do besides wear a hat and grin and bear it <_< Feeling really discouraged right now...

I understand your frustration. I hate hats. I live in a cap wearing rural culture, but I've avoided hats for decades.

Generally I haven't noticed that short exposure or exposure in the morning or evening has any negative effect. Sometimes mid day exposure seems to be a problem, other times not. It's confusing.

But I notice that the outbreak on my face is on the part of my forehead that gets the most sun, so I'm suspicious that sun is the culprit. But it didn't appear last summer when I was getting a lot of sun, only in the winter afterwards. Again, confusing.

I live in a sunny but northern climate, where the sun doesn't have much power except in the middle of the day in the summer.

If the blisters aren't happening in a spot that gets lots of sun, I would guess that something else is the culprit. Bear in mind that some of these blisters seem to appear even as everything else is getting better, and may not be directly related to a recent exposure. At least that's what I seem to be experiencing.

Best of luck.

You made some good points-thanks! The outbreak this time was on the bottom of my chin, and not on other places where my face gets more sun. So maybe something else is to blame? I guess I'll know for sure this summer-definitly going to wear a hat though!