deaja

Blood Work Negative

Rate this topic

I got my blood work back today and it came back that I do not have celiac disease. However, my doctor agreed with me that with a week without gluten and I'm feeling soooo much better (no more naseau and much less bloating - I look about 3 months pregnant instead of 5.... lol) I should keep doing the gluten-free diet. He said it can't hurt anything.

So, I heard the test isn't 100% reliable especially since I had cut way back on gluten before the test.

My doctor also said I'm still anemic and several other vitamins, etc are low, so he said that could also be caused by what seems to be my gluten-issues. (Okay, being told you're somewhat malnourished when you're really trying to lose weight and have excess weight to lose is a little bit of a mind game!)

So my plan for now is to continue to be gluten-free. If I don't get any better, maybe I'll continue to explore other options.

One thing I'm considering is going on a completely bland diet or even a liquid diet for a month or so. I did this once before and felt SO much better after just a liquid diet. I was weak at first but for a few months after, I felt AMAZING! (This was not for weight loss purposes, fyi. Though I did lose weight.)

Thanks for the advice. I've learned a lot from reading. Any thoughts, suggestions, or advice, please pass along. Thanks!

Whole foods only, meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds. See how it goes

You don't have to be skinny to be malnourished.

Non-celiac gluten intolerance exists.

Keep out dairy and soy for now, too.

Gotta go. Good luck :) and keep asking questions.

• Upvote 1