jennicm01

Enterolab Results And Fecal Fat Score

Rate this topic

I know I need to refrain from gluten but that's such a huge lifestyle change and I'm already overwhelmed with everything going on in my life. I'm going to give it a shot but what do I make of my fecal fat score? I've had problems with vitamin deficiencies but other than refraining from gluten, what can I do to help this? I don't have insurance. Has anyone seen a higher score?

A) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 42 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA 14 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 2012 Units (Normal Range is less than 300 Units)

Fecal Anti-casein (cow

• Upvote 1

That high of a fecal fat score means you have severe malabsorption issues. The good news is that will improve as you heal with the diet. Concentrate on eating as much whole unprocessed food as you can. Fresh meats, chicken, veggies, fruits, potatos, rice etc. Yes it does seem overwhelming at first but things will get easier as you heal. You may notice some moodiness for the first couple of weeks as some of us do go through withdrawl. Do also delete dairy at least for a few months as that score was high also.

Be careful of cross contamination and get a new toaster, strainer for gluten free pastas, replace any scratched nonstick pans and wooden utensils.

I hope your feeling better soon and do ask any questions you need to. It is also okay to vent your frustrations if needed.

• Upvote 1