AMom2010

Elevated Alkaline Phophatase

Rate this topic

My 13 month old had a negative celiac panel and normal blood results except for elevated alkaline phosphatase, which was 7000. I have found this may elevated in cases of either vitamin d or calcium malabsorption. Has anyone else had similar results? How early will the biopsy be positive for celiac if she has a "mild" case of celiac?

Thanks in advance for any insight :)

I would ask for a retest first. There could have been a lab error and if it is that high you want it confirmed. If you are done with celiac testing do give her a trial on the diet as the diet will not effect the outcome of testing for other conditions. Hopefully the sky high test result was a lab or transcription error.

The Dr. did test the ALP again, we are still waiting on results. In addition he is testing GGT, calcium, and vitamin d. Her liver ultrasound was normal, thank goodness. My neice (sister's daughter) is having some similar symptoms as my daughter and her ALP was 3200 (everything else was normal). This is all very interesting and further making me feel Celic is the answer.