gfree087

Looking For A Diagnosis, Please Help

Rate this topic

I have been experiencing mod. to severe abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, etc. for about 12 years. Sometimes it will occur after eating gluten or wheat, but many times pops up out of nowhere, lasting for hours to days. I was finally diagnosed with h. pylori last year and took the antibiotic treatment, but the symptoms never resolved. I recently eliminated all gluten from my diet, and saw immediate disappearance of all symptoms. I then added gluten back in, and the symptoms returned.

Here's my question: My doctor feels it is still h. pylori and is retesting me for that. She says that celiac's disease is too severe to have gone undiagnosed for this long, and there is no specific test for gluten sensitivity. Is it possible I have celiac's disease with milder symtpms than most experience? Also is there any test to determine gluten sensitivity? She also mentioned endoscopy, is this a good option? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Check out the info here. It tells you about testing & you can print it out for your doc. Because it's from other docs, yours might look at it.

http://www.celiacdisease.net/factsheets