karisamh

Blood Work/colonoscopy

Rate this topic

I hope this is ok to ask on your page.......I had a colonscopy and endoscopy 2-3 years ago....they said I am lacto. intollerant but I had the tests because my mother, her brother and her mother all have Celiac Disease. They told me there were no signs of Celiac. However my blood tests are now coming back with skewed levels of albumi......n and the albumin/globulin ratio.....these levels may indicate many things, however the one that popped out at me was malnutrition (I am having more blood work done to narrow this down further). I have had a problem losing weight for the past 5 years regardless of lots and lots of exercise. My research shows that people can have very different reactions to Celiac whereas some my have weight loss, others may have weight gain (my Unlce never had any symptoms! but got tested becuase of the genetic component & was positive). My ? is, has anyone ever had anything similar??? any help/advise that anyone can offer would be GREATLY APPRECIATED Thank you!

Just because you were negative 2 years ago, you could have developed it & test positive now. My kids are negative. They will get the blood test every 2 -3 years if they have no symptoms. If they have symptoms, we would test them right away.

• Upvote 1