smilethroughsickness

Endoscopy/colonoscopy "normal"

Rate this topic

I've had every test known to man, including a colonoscopy and endoscopy done yesterday. The GI said everything looked normal, which on one hand is great but on the other hand is confusing. What is wrong with me if nothing appears to be wrong??

Hopefully, he biopsied? You will need to wait a few days for the path report to be sure that there is no damage. Celiac damage can be hard to see with just the endo camera.

I've had every test known to man, including a colonoscopy and endoscopy done yesterday. The GI said everything looked normal, which on one hand is great but on the other hand is confusing. What is wrong with me if nothing appears to be wrong??

What are your symptoms and what blood work have you had done?

Cramping and gas in left waist area after a BM and loss of appetite, early fullness, abdominal pain.

Biopsies were taken- not sure what to hope for.

Also what do I do about this gas and cramps post-procedure?! Now I feel sick AND have no answers. Trying to be positive, but UGH.

They pump air in to sort of inflate the intestines to get a good view. My dad had a lot left, they told him to lie on his left side for a while. Then switch it up, flip to your back or side. on your back, you can gently push down. Then stand & move around. Even a little food. You are trying to get the air/gas moving on out (if ya know what I mean?)

When my kids had gas they couldn't get out, we would hold them upside down. You could lay over a chair or something to try to get your hips straight above your chest.