Rate this topic

Seems to me I read somewhere that its possible, albeit not typical or usual, that one

can have stomach ulcers secondary to celiac (versus from h pylori, NSAID/aspirin regimen). Anyone have personal experience with this where the ulcers were ultimately attributed to celiac or some other form of gluten enteropathy?

I read that as well. I was a study out of Israel where they noticed a link between they non-h pylori stomach ulcers and celiac. They said it normally presented during the second decade of life. They recommended people with these types of ulcers consider being screened for celiac.

My son had a perforated stomach ulcer at age 16. non-h pylori, nsaid.

He is currently being screened but the results seem to be inconclusive.

I was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer after almost 1.5 years after I was diagnosed with celiac. My initial EGD only showed gastritis and no ulcers. I was negative for h pylori both times and it wasn't from nsaids. I can only conclude it was from gluten. I continued to have other symptoms and long story short, I eliminated certain gluten free products and my symptoms resolved. Drat that all that time I was symptomatic from low levels of gluten/oat cc in those gluten free products.