Hanny

Newly Diagnosed - Dizziness & Nausea

Rate this topic

Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with celiac and immediately started the gluten free diet. Pretty quickly I started feeling better - at least where the gastrointestinal symptoms were concerned. However I've started feeling really weak, dizzy and as though I might faint all the time. I've also been having abdominal pains. Its worth mentioning that I've always suffered quite bad from anaemia given I have thalassemia minor. I'm just wondering whether anyone else experienced this? And whether the problems resolvable? I'm also worried that it could be a sign of diabetes (although I'm only 21).

I graduate in a few days, and I'm so worried I'm going to feel like this then!

Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with celiac and immediately started the gluten free diet. Pretty quickly I started feeling better - at least where the gastrointestinal symptoms were concerned. However I've started feeling really weak, dizzy and as though I might faint all the time. I've also been having abdominal pains. Its worth mentioning that I've always suffered quite bad from anaemia given I have thalassemia minor. I'm just wondering whether anyone else experienced this? And whether the problems resolvable? I'm also worried that it could be a sign of diabetes (although I'm only 21).

I graduate in a few days, and I'm so worried I'm going to feel like this then!

Same here! very weak and dizzy all the time! I have suffered from anemia as well and the only thing i would recommend that helps me is loading up on some carbs like gluten free pasta or some Gluten-Free crackers. Hope that helps! Congrats on graduating!