Monklady123

Found A New (To Me) Product At Costco! Rice Bowls...

Rate this topic

Not sure if these have been there all along, but I've just noticed them. lol.. They're "cooked brown rice bowls", ingredients "organic brown rice, water". I bought them initially to take for lunches, or when we have church events, etc. But last night I was in a hurry for dinner and I made my home made "hamburger helper" for the family -- cooked noodles mixed with cooked ground beef and spaghetti sauce. (just like hamburger helper without all the artificial ingredients and sodium). Before I put the noodles in the sauce I scooped out some sauce/meat for myself. I put it on some of this brown rice and it was SO yummy! The rice is very chewy so it was closer to that pasta consistency. I may just start using this rice as a pasta substitute because it's so much easier than cooking pasta.

And yes, I know it's not hard to cook pasta. But I hate to cook and it's a pain because if I'm also cooking for my family I need two pots, and two colanders, etc. Not worth it since I hate to cook!

Did I mention that I hate to cook? :rolleyes::ph34r:

yea i love those rice bowls! i think they have been there for at least a year, thats when i started buying them. with my family when we have pasta night i make everyone eat the gluten free pasta. no one complains since they don't want to wash all the extra dishes. and my husband actually likes the gluten-free pasta better, and he is not a celiac.

yea i love those rice bowls! i think they have been there for at least a year, thats when i started buying them. with my family when we have pasta night i make everyone eat the gluten free pasta. no one complains since they don't want to wash all the extra dishes. and my husband actually likes the gluten-free pasta better, and he is not a celiac.

Yeah, I know I could do that. But I'm feeding a teenage boy and he can eat more than anyone I know (except his friends, of course, lol). Gluten free pasta is so expensive. The way he eats I prefer to give him the Barilla which I buy when it's on sale $1.00/box. lol.