Rate this topic

In need of advice. I recently was tested for Celiac and the two test they did came back negative. I am a walking poster child for Celiac. I have been on a gluten free diet, but when I get it unknowingly I get a pain in the upper left corner of my abdomen. This time the pain went all the way across to my right side and has stayed there for the 4th day now. I had to go to the ER because the pain got so bad. The doctor says that I am full of gas. He gave me pain medication and something to relax my bowels. I have never known gas to stay in your gut for this long. I can't hardly eat because I get so bloated. I went from going to the bathroom frequently and being sick to not going to the bathroom and still feeling bad. I have never had a problem with constipation or extreme gas, but now I do and I don't know what to do. This was the second trip to the ER, the first time was constipation, this time gas.

I used to get gas pains that left me writhing on the floor a few nights per week, so I know what you mean. One thing that helped me substantially was to simply get on my hands and knees for a while ("doggy style") and let it pass. I also bought a certain hot tea that was supposed to help with bloating...and it truly did, though I forgot what was in it.