chrissygirlca

Depression Insomnia And Headaches?

Rate this topic

Some days i feel really good and some days i feel really depressed mostly when i start feeling sick and i tell myswelf it isn't fair and why me and i cry. I sleep about 3 hours every night and only when it starts to get to me after a week or so of that i will sleep like 10 hours and still be dead tired. I try reading to help me fall asleep because i like to read but then i end up reading the whole book in a night especially if its a good book! Also get migraines really bad for days in a row is this comming from the food i am sensetive to? or not necessarily. I know i need to drink alot of water but sometimes when im feeling sick the water feels heavy and i feel like it makes me more sick!

Some days i feel really good and some days i feel really depressed mostly when i start feeling sick and i tell myswelf it isn't fair and why me and i cry. I sleep about 3 hours every night and only when it starts to get to me after a week or so of that i will sleep like 10 hours and still be dead tired. I try reading to help me fall asleep because i like to read but then i end up reading the whole book in a night especially if its a good book! Also get migraines really bad for days in a row is this comming from the food i am sensetive to? or not necessarily. I know i need to drink alot of water but sometimes when im feeling sick the water feels heavy and i feel like it makes me more sick!

Chrisy,

Are you completely off all trace gluten? Trace gluten could be interfering with your sleep and causing you migraines, upsetting your stomach, causing depression etc. A shared household where the other people are still eating gluten can be very dangerous to most of us here.

In addition it might be possible you are sensitive to other things than just gluten. Many have problems with milk, soy, nightshade family, corn, nuts, chocolate, even fruit etc. It requires one to be a bit of a detective. But its worth it. Really limit your diet to safe foods at first and then gradually add things after you start to feel better.

I have to stay off all medium to high level salicylates, which is even more complicated. Hope that is not your problem too. It has interfered with my sleep a lot however. You can find out more about it online.

A simple remedy is to avoid all caffeine.

Further, you may not be getting the nutrition you need. It kind of sounds like it. You might need to take supplements for now while you are still healing such as acidophilus, L-glutamine, various minerals, vitamin D, B vitamins, bromelain etc. How long have you been off gluten?

Given your patterns, if you could get yourself to exercise, like going for daily walks and doing some yoga it might also help go a long way toward being able to sleep better. Hot baths at night with a couple of handfuls of epsom salts in it can help a lot too. I would limit your reading late at night to technical material since a good yarn will keep you awake!

Drinking water of course is very important to help your body get rid of excess toxins, something your brain might appreciate.

If nothing works, I suggest you go see a homeopath. He or she might be able to help you figure out how to stop the headaches and sleeplessness.

Good luck!

Bea

It sounds to me like you need your vitamin levels checked. Ask your regular doctor to check your Vitamin D and B-12 levels ASAP.