Rate this topic

Fast forward 5 years and I get diagnosed with celiac. I remove the straw from my chicken coop because it most likely has wheat in it. It was in a pile composting for a few months and I smelled the smell!!!!!!!!! It was the exact smell of my sons mouth! It is a little more faint and he now can have stinky breath too, like in the morning (he's 5 now). But still smells sweet most of the time. He was also colic for a whole year and on special formula.

Do you think it might be a sign of wheat issues or celiac? I am on the verge of getting a new doc for him because I told his Doctor I have it and maybe Michael should be tested. In one ear out the other. He has no problems with digestion so he can't have it. (eye roll please).

Anyone else smell a very sweet smell (besides the lovely baby smell)?

Fast forward 5 years and I get diagnosed with celiac. I remove the straw from my chicken coop because it most likely has wheat in it. It was in a pile composting for a few months and I smelled the smell!!!!!!!!! It was the exact smell of my sons mouth! It is a little more faint and he now can have stinky breath too, like in the morning (he's 5 now). But still smells sweet most of the time. He was also colic for a whole year and on special formula.

Do you think it might be a sign of wheat issues or celiac? I am on the verge of getting a new doc for him because I told his Doctor I have it and maybe Michael should be tested. In one ear out the other. He has no problems with digestion so he can't have it. (eye roll please).

Anyone else smell a very sweet smell (besides the lovely baby smell)?

Sweet smelling breath can be a sign of diabetes (which is a common complication of Celiac). Get him tested asap (by a new doc, fire the current one). :angry:

Keep us posted!

Yes, I read that and asked about that too. I think it is beyond weird that the same smell is coming from wheat fermenting, in a way. I am searching for a new doc now. I wish they would come with little icons next to their name.