Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Februaryrich

Can It Be Mercury Toxicity?

Hello people,

I have been Gluten and dairy free for like a 3 weeks now. OK let's get to my question..I had many symptoms after having mononucleosis such as brain fog, weight/hair loss and anxiety BUT I had 2 or 3 days where I felt completely clear. Life was real again, things looked different, just like they used to. (probably the brain fog)

So I thought..does this have to do with what I eat? Or is it possible to feel good once in a while when mercury poisoned? Perhaps other food intolerance I am not aware of?

Gluten free since 01/09/11

Food intolerance to be determined!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Why would you suspect Mercury poisoning? The only thing I know about that, is that it can make you a bit crazy. That's why Hatters were "mad." When beaver hats were in vogue, they cured the hides with Mercury.

Gluten free 6/10/11

Negative blood test for celiac 7/7/11

History, genetics, and response to diet point to celiac anyway.

Sy

I was told I had normal thyroid levels, maybe I should ask for a complete panel? I can't seem to put on any weight at all, perhaps hyperthyroid?

I was wondering about mercury toxicity cause' I have braces + fillings and I heard mercury could inhibit the required enzymes to break down dairy and gluten. I have no celiac label and do feel a lot better on a Gluten free diet but I've been wondering about my derealization symptoms lately..maybe I should give myself more time

Gluten free since 01/09/11

Food intolerance to be determined!