kenlove

Hawaii

Rate this topic

At a meeting at the Orchid Fairmont they unveiled their new lifestyle cuisine menu last week.

In addition to gluten free menus at all the hotel restaurants, they also have them fro Dash/heart healthy, Diabetes, Vegan, Raw and Macrobiotic. They have menus for all meals too. For people with special requests or other needs, contact chef Steve Rouelle.

We're still a long way from gluten free Hawaii but a few years ago none of he chefs knew what celiac was.

Now 7% of this hotels guests order gluten free meals.

Ken

At a meeting at the Orchid Fairmont they unveiled their new lifestyle cuisine menu last week.

In addition to gluten free menus at all the hotel restaurants, they also have them fro Dash/heart healthy, Diabetes, Vegan, Raw and Macrobiotic. They have menus for all meals too. For people with special requests or other needs, contact chef Steve Rouelle.

We're still a long way from gluten free Hawaii but a few years ago none of he chefs knew what celiac was.

Now 7% of this hotels guests order gluten free meals.

Ken

Awesome! I'm glad w3e have you as an ambassador of the cause ( if you will) out there!!

Just let me know when your coming and I'll make sure its all gluten-free! Our culinary school is really good now too. I give a food allergy lecture to each class and they have to ask all the guests they serve each week so both students and guests are becoming more aware.

Awesome! I'm glad w3e have you as an ambassador of the cause ( if you will) out there!!

Hawaii may be our favorite place to vacation. I love variety, but I also like really vacationing! We thought about going this year, but our daughter is 1, and a vacation with a 1 year old (without bringing a nanny or babysitting grandparents) isn't really a vacation at all, so I think we'll wait a little while. But I will definitely look you up when we next head over there! :)