Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phayah

A Case Of The Crazies, Brain Cooties...

Thanks guys. I feel like I'm losing it with all the run-around.

Somehow I ended up in the ER today. It was REALLY scary. The brain fog has been slowly taking over and the past few days I've had some cognitive problems. I've been highly agitated, stuttering, losing my train of thought, forgetting really important things, and grasping for words. When I called the doc they told me to go to the ER.

On the way over I felt so terrible. I was weak, shaking, clumsy, confused, and gasping for breath. It felt like I might black out. I walked in the wrong door and someone ended up wheeling me over to the ER. My feet and hands were so cold. I could barely keep my eyes open in the bed because I was getting so sleepy. My arms would tingle after being up for just a few seconds. I'm so worn out now, I feel like I haven't slept in days.

I had an episode very similar to this 5-6 years ago. I also had a much milder one like this about a year ago. The doc checked my thyroid and found 0.25 TSH but normal T4/T5. She suspected Hashimotos or Graves Disease at the time but I moved shortly after that. My new doc said my TSH was normal but I don't know the actual results (one month ago). The ER doc also said it was normal at 0.86 but I told him my throat felt strange. He examined my thyroid and said it was slightly enlarged. I'm so lost right now, I don't know what to do.

He ran a bunch of tests but it was all so confusing at the time. I was having a really hard time understanding what was going on. I think it was a CRP, CBC, CMP, TSHS, CRD?, and some kind of urine sediment test? He said my C-protien was slightly elevated but too close to normal to indicate anything because it's a highly sensitive test? Also, they released me before the urine results so no clue on that. I'm not even sure if they were able to complete all the tests. I meant to get a copy of the results but I was so out of it I forgot. I'm not sure why but he suggested I might have some kind of arthritic/connective tissue condition which kinda freaked me out. He also said I may need to see an endocrinologist about the thyroid.

Oh well, I have an appointment with a general doc (not my usual) on Wednesday but now I just feel numb. I should really get some sleep.

If anyone has a clue, I am open for suggestions. =D