brakkar

How To Be Sure One Is Not Intolerent To Rice, Corn Or Buckwheat ?

Rate this topic

Hi,

i'm thinking of replacing all gluten food, and for my breakfast I found good alternative:

Cereals containing a mix of rice and corn flakes, and buckwheat.

How to be sure that I will not replace an intolerance by another ? Is it common to have intolerance to either of these grains ? What's the consensus ?

Hi,

i'm thinking of replacing all gluten food, and for my breakfast I found good alternative:

Cereals containing a mix of rice and corn flakes, and buckwheat.

How to be sure that I will not replace an intolerance by another ? Is it common to have intolerance to either of these grains ? What's the consensus ?

I don't think you can know about replacing one intolerance with another. After we've been gluten-free for awhile, we do sometimes find that we have other sensitivities, which could be to most anything so I doubt there's any consensus. Every one is different.

I believe that most people who develop additional intolerances do so because they have leaky gut syndrome (caused by gluten) which allows other foods into the bloodstream in a partially digested state. The best way to avoid devdeloping additional food intolerances is to work on healing your leaky gut (good probiotics, taking digestive enzymes perhaps, L-glutamine) and by rotating your foods so that you are not eating too much of any one thing. Corn is one I would try to avoid eating too much of (but that is because I have a lot of problems with it :lol: ). But a good rotational diet where you are not eating the same thing all the time is the best way to avoid additional intolerance. Some people place suspected problem foods on a four-day rotation if they are being super careful. So instead of having that cereal for breakfast every day,substitute it out with eggs or something else - you don't have to have breakfasty things for breakfast, you can eat whatever you feel like that provides good nutrition. :)

• Upvote 1