twins66

Has Anyone Done A Biocard Self Test (Uk)

Rate this topic

I'm new to the forum but I've been watching the site for a while. I'm wondering if anyone has done the Biocard test at home before? I've just taken the test after 6 weeks of heavy gutening and its shown up negative. I decided to do it because I had a blood test done in the summer and it was again negative but with 'slight gluten' nothing significant showing and the doc just said to eat wholewheat breads good fresh fruit and veg and treated me for IBS instead! It's so frustrating so i decided to go basic gluten free for a little while which made a huge difference even without going completely guten free so I decided to make sure I ate plenty of gluten for 6 weeks then do the biocard test to then take back to my docs for a re-test. :( Another negative test but have a mouth full of ulcers plus a ton of other symptoms (kept a food and symptom diary the whole time)

I just wondered if anyone's done this test at home and whether they took things further....I'm not sure which way to go now... do I stop glutening myself and see how I go completely gluten free with a self diagnosis eventually or do I continue to eat gluten and go back to my docs without any evidence to persuade him to do a re-test... I really don't know what to do next... :(

I'm new to the forum but I've been watching the site for a while. I'm wondering if anyone has done the Biocard test at home before? I've just taken the test after 6 weeks of heavy gutening and its shown up negative. I decided to do it because I had a blood test done in the summer and it was again negative but with 'slight gluten' nothing significant showing and the doc just said to eat wholewheat breads good fresh fruit and veg and treated me for IBS instead! It's so frustrating so i decided to go basic gluten free for a little while which made a huge difference even without going completely guten free so I decided to make sure I ate plenty of gluten for 6 weeks then do the biocard test to then take back to my docs for a re-test. :( Another negative test but have a mouth full of ulcers plus a ton of other symptoms (kept a food and symptom diary the whole time)

I just wondered if anyone's done this test at home and whether they took things further....I'm not sure which way to go now... do I stop glutening myself and see how I go completely gluten free with a self diagnosis eventually or do I continue to eat gluten and go back to my docs without any evidence to persuade him to do a re-test... I really don't know what to do next... :(

What exactly were your slightly raised TTG levels, do you know? Did they do the EMA? You could pay for a private consultation with a gastroenterologist if you were so inclined, if you really want some answer from them that's what I would do. If they did think you needed an endoscopy then you would of course get that on the NHS.

I'm pretty sure that ulcers aren't part of Celiac. They are part of Crohns Diseas whic can get much better off gluten. Have you had a colonoscopy? To rule out Crohns?