Aly1

Please Help Me Find An Article Here On Celiac.com!

Rate this topic

Not sure if this is the best place to post this. I am looking for an article that I read here on Celiac.com, which described why gluten reactions are so much worse once you've been "clean" for awhile. It wasn't the whole point of the article, it was just mentioned within. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??

I am trying to teach my family about this but they are not understanding why gluten "supposedly" effects me in so much more obvious a way now that I'm living gluten-free. I'd like to provide them with this info. Hope someone here can help! Thanks.

I did a quick search, both the forum (default search) and then articles only, but after looking at a few I gave up. I did find this forum thread where mushroom said:

I often use the analogy that the anti-gliadin guards go off duty when the gluten is withdrawn, and then come back madder than h*ll at being called back from vacation to deal with that pesky gluten AGAIN!! just when they thought they got rid of it biggrin.gif Yes, the reaction is often stronger after you have been gluten free for a while.

Maybe that'll help?Just in case, I searched for 'strong reaction gluten free'

I did a quick search, both the forum (default search) and then articles only, but after looking at a few I gave up. I did find this forum thread where mushroom said:

Maybe that'll help?Just in case, I searched for 'strong reaction gluten free'

Phooey, no that's not the one but thanks for trying! It was some type of "official article" that had a paragraph that described the phenomenon. I've read so many great ones here on the site, I have no idea which one it was... <_<