Shewolf of Georgia

Newbie Here

Rate this topic

After about 12 years of misery, I finally got a dx of gluten intolerance after my new doctor ran a series of tests for antibodies (I have Hashimoto's so she wanted to test). I'm three days in and feel like I am going to starve. I didn't realize how much we relied on processed crap since I really am a poor cook. I ordered a five-ingredient cookbook for the crockpot that can be modified gluten free but until it comes I'm pretty much eating rice and beans. I work for a surgeon so we eat on the run most of the time and I don't know what I can eat out anymore! On a good note, my "kangaroo-belly" is almost gone and what I thought was fibromyalgia and psoriasis is getting better too. Any advice or tips on getting started and what to eat would be really appreciated!

Here's a thread in the Baking & Cooking Tips section with some ideas that might help:

There's also a thread in the same section about 'what are you eating tonight'? and others that have a bunch of ideas and recipes...

Just google gluten free recipes and you'll come up with alot. I think there's a crock pot site called 365 or something similar. I think this is it http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/?m=0

The best advice I have is not to panic, your food foraging and cooking will improve. And quickly, if you're hungry!