Kristinade

Lactose Intolerant

Rate this topic

Went to do my lactose testing today, figuring it was a waste of time. My hydrogen level was off the chart high I was told I was severely lactose tolerant and that it's not the gluten,but the dairy products are my enemy. There goes my ice cream fetish. I'm starting to run out of things to look forward to.

I see my internist in about 3 hours. Wonder if he will agree I am not celiac or gluten intolerant? The GI ordered some stool samples and all the tests were fine.

If you haven't had a celiac panel done, you may want to ask your doc for that. If your GI won't do the panel, your family doctor may order it for you. Also, I think Breyers, not positive, makes an ice cream that some lactose intolerants can eat.

Last year's celiac panel was fine, so my previous GI said "you're fine, bye," and that was that. That's why I went to another GI and I don't see him again until April. When I told internist today I'd given up gluten,he seemed glad to hear it. He says I should start to lose weight when the gluten and lactose is out of my system for good. I've gone from a size 10 to a size 24.