NJKen

Entirely gluten-free Restaurant In Prague

Rate this topic

I am cross-posting this excerpt from the Travel board so that anyone looking for a gluten-free meal in Prague will see this:

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with a week in Prague, and regarding food, the best part of our visit was our meals at a restaurant that we learned about only a few weeks before going. Na Zlate Krizovatce serves Czech and international specialties, and is entirely gluten-free. It is located on Za Poricskou branou in Praha 8, about a block from the Florenc metro stop, and just a few blocks from Obecni dum in the old town. Their website is www.nazlatekrizovatce.cz .

We had beef goulash with potato pancakes(me) and salmon with dried tomato salsa (my wife) and a dessert of apple strudel on our first visit, and then returned three days later on our anniversary and had chicken with cream sauce and homemade spaetzle (me) and homemade gnocchi with gorgonzola cream (my wife) and a dessert of cinnamon pancakes with warmed-up berries ("forest fruits") and sour cream. Everything was delicious, including the bottle of Bohemian Sekt that we finished on our anniversary evening. The more expensive of the two evenings cost us just 1000 crowns including the tip, about $53 at the current rate of exchange.

The restaurant is below street level on a quiet block and has a nice atmosphere. Our first visit was on a day that we hadn't had lunch and arrived at 3:30; no one else was there throughout our dinner. Our second visit began just a little later in the day (perhaps 4:00), and five other tables had diners by the time we left. Service was good--not overly attentive, but there when we needed it, and of course no smiles; that wouldn't be Czech. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone on this board who is visiting Prague, or will be within 100 km of Prague.

I am cross-posting this excerpt from the Travel board so that anyone looking for a gluten-free meal in Prague will see this:

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with a week in Prague, and regarding food, the best part of our visit was our meals at a restaurant that we learned about only a few weeks before going. Na Zlate Krizovatce serves Czech and international specialties, and is entirely gluten-free. It is located on Za Poricskou branou in Praha 3, about a block from the Florenc metro stop, and just a few blocks from Obecni dum in the old town. Their website is www.nazlatekrizovatce.cz .

We had beef goulash with potato pancakes(me) and salmon with dried tomato salsa (my wife) and a dessert of apple strudel on our first visit, and then returned three days later on our anniversary and had chicken with cream sauce and homemade spaetzle (me) and homemade gnocchi with gorgonzola cream (my wife) and a dessert of cinnamon pancakes with warmed-up berries ("forest fruits") and sour cream. Everything was delicious, including the bottle of Bohemian Sekt that we finished on our anniversary evening. The more expensive of the two evenings cost us just 1000 crowns including the tip, about $53 at the current rate of exchange.

The restaurant is below street level on a quiet block and has a nice atmosphere. Our first visit was on a day that we hadn't had lunch and arrived at 3:30; no one else was there throughout our dinner. Our second visit began just a little later in the day (perhaps 4:00), and five other tables had diners by the time we left. Service was good--not overly attentive, but there when we needed it, and of course no smiles; that wouldn't be Czech. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone on this board who is visiting Prague, or will be within 100 km of Prague.

Thank you so much for posting this info. Prague is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. I will keep this information for our next trip.

FYI--I had the wrong district of Prague when I first posted. It is in Praha 8, not Praha 3.