This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Irritability After 4 Months Gluten-Free?

rewham

rewham Newbie

I have been gluten free since mid-October (except for 2 small setbacks). I feel much better most of the time, but sometimes it's as if I'm still eating gluten- tired and a little bloated but in addition to the old symptoms I also feel incredibly irritable. It's as if I'm on some kind of miserable diet that my body is resisting. My body seems to be needing carbs. I expected some carb withdrawal in the beginning but didn't have any. Now it seems to strike randomly. Is it carb withdrawal after 4 months of being gluten-free? I really don't think I've inadvertently consumed gluten. I'm ridiculously careful and never eat out.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

You may have a second intolerance? Many of us fing that we react to dairy or soy after stopping gluten. Mood changes can be a symptom of that.

Try keeping a log of the foods you eat, along with any reactions you feel. Many food reactions can be delayed by hours or days. Having a way to go back and piece together what might be bothering you is much easier with this log.

God luck to you!

TeknoLen Rookie

I am about 3 months into my GFCFSF journey and I still get irritable, quite frequently including today for instance. Not really sure why it is still happening but I attribute it to gummed up opioid receptors in my brain, from years of them marinating in gliadomorphin and casomorphin thanks to a "healthy" diet full of whole grains. I am currently self-medicating with a nice hot cup of St. Johns wort tea every other day or so. Does it help? Not really, but it does not seem to be doing any harm either. Good luck.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Aussienae replied to Aussienae's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant low back, abdominal and pelvic pain!

2. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

3. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

4. - mishyj replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

5. - mishyj posted a topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

SoCalSuzy
    Newest Member
    SoCalSuzy
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Aussienae
      I agree christina, there is definitely many contributing factors! I have the pain today, my pelvis, hips and thighs ache! No idea why. But i have been sitting at work for 3 days so im thinking its my back. This disease is very mysterious (and frustrating) but not always to blame for every pain. 
    • trents
      "her stool study showed she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that." The wording of this part of the sentence does not make any sense at all. I don't mean to insult you, but is English your first language? This part of the sentence sounds like it was generated by translation software.
    • trents
      What kind of stool test was done? Can you be more specific? 
    • mishyj
      Perhaps I should also have said that in addition to showing a very high response to gluten, her stool study showed that she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that.
    • mishyj
      My daughter has celiac disease and has had for a long time. She fell loses strictly gluten-free diet and recently got rid of all cutting boards in any gluten in her house at all. She just had a stool test and it came back showing of gigantic response to gluten in her diet. What could be going on since she doesn't eat any gluten and is very careful about any kind of hidden glue? Help!