Sparky84

Gluten Free Reuben Dish

Rate this topic

I love a good reuben sandwich and have been craving one but did not know what to do since I've gone gluten-free. I purchased the gluten-free bisquick from Betty Crocker and I found this recipe on their website.

2 cups Original Bisquick

i still make reuben sandwiches - just on rudi's bread. we make/boil our own corned beef and slice it and use the sauerkraut that we fermented and canned. very tasty.

i have a polish reuben casserole recipe that has noodles in it if you are interested i'll dig it out for you. i used tinkyada noodles and it turned out good last time i made it. really easy and pretty much one pan :)

Just made the recipe. It tastes really good, although the bisquick is kind of non existant in it. I thought it would be more like the impossibly easy cheeseburger pie. Still tastes very good, just not as much "bread" type substance to it.

try the rudi's original bread (if you can get it) - i keep my bread in the freezer, so i toast it a little to thaw it out - then you can grill it in a frying pan with your sandwich fillings inside (i do it on low temp and use a smaller lid to cover it so the cheese will melt) it turns out crispy on the outside and not too soggy on the inside. and good 'bready-ness'