Rate this topic

I just got the latest results from my Celiac panel and thought I'd share my progress (Note: at this lab less than 15 is normal)

-March 2011 - my tTg was 300+ and off the charts

-3 months gluten free - 53.1

-6 months gluten free- 30.9

-11 months gluten free - 21.4

I was really hoping to get down below 15 this time, but no go. At least it's going down (and not up!). My doctor said not to be discouraged because it can take a long time for it to go down, especially as I near lower numbers. He's says I'm doing really well and to just keep doing what I'm doing. I am very diligent about my diet and CC issues, so here's hoping that my next test in September will be a good one!

I just got the latest results from my Celiac panel and thought I'd share my progress (Note: at this lab less than 15 is normal)

-March 2011 - my tTg was 300+ and off the charts

-3 months gluten free - 53.1

-6 months gluten free- 30.9

-11 months gluten free - 21.4

I was really hoping to get down below 15 this time, but no go. At least it's going down (and not up!). My doctor said not to be discouraged because it can take a long time for it to go down, especially as I near lower numbers. He's says I'm doing really well and to just keep doing what I'm doing. I am very diligent about my diet and CC issues, so here's hoping that my next test in September will be a good one!

Congratulations! You are on the right path. Everyone heals at different rates but it is encouraging that your numbers are steadily going down. The numbers 300+ to 21 - just think about the vast difference. Mine went down from off the charts to negative in six months so I was very lucky. But there are others who take ages. There is no average with us! :P Imagine how happy you will be when you are told your values are under 15! That will be cause for a huge celebration. :)

Thanks for posting your good news. No matter where we are at this ought to be encouraging for all of us.