GFreeMO

Do You Get Symptoms After Eating Casein?

Rate this topic

I had a gluten type reaction to eating casein. Is this pretty typical with a casein allergy? It was almost exactly the same as the gluten reaction except the pain was lower and didn't last as long.

What are you casein reaction symptoms?

I had a gluten type reaction to eating casein. Is this pretty typical with a casein allergy? It was almost exactly the same as the gluten reaction except the pain was lower and didn't last as long.

What are you casein reaction symptoms?

I cut out dairy for a while because it seemed like I was getting gluten somehow, but I was sure I wasn't. Someone here told me to go dairy free and see if it helped. It did.

A couple of days ago I used butter on a sweet potato. I got a reaction similar to my gluten one, but milder.

Hyper, refux, didn't sleep that night, followed by loose stool the next day. Got an earache too.

I know I still have a lot of healing to do, but I'm beginning to think I may not get back dairy? :(

For me, I gave up dairy before I figured out gluten but it definitely affects me. I get terrible gas and belching (sorry, TMI) and my heart rate increases. I get congested and ache all over. And it lasts for three days or so. Similar to my gluten reactions but not nearly as many symptoms. I am hoping to get at least a small amount of dairy back. It would be nice to have a little cheese or ice cream once in a while. We'll see....

Thanks for the responses. It's obvious that I need to avoid dairy. Thankfully we have rice milk and those kinds of things. Not the same I know but better than nothing. If I could just find a soy free, corn free sub. for butter...

Gas and the big D for me.