freeatlast

Mcdonald's Ingredient List New

Rate this topic

I was just checking on their hash browns after having a traveling incident about 30 minutes after eating a McMuffin minus the muffin and a hash brown. Here's the link:

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/ingredientslist.pdf

Not really new. ;)

As with the french fries, the hydrolyzed wheat has been process to the point of no detectable gluten.

But, as in every restaurant (especially fast foods), chance for cross contamination/contact is high.

• Upvote 1

Oh, wow, a few months ago I was eating scrambled eggs, a piece of sausage, and a hash brown from McDonald's everyday for breakfast. I wasn't having a reaction, so I thought everything was fine, I mean really - it's just eggs, potatoes, and sausage, it'll be ok...uh, no...two weeks later I discovered my system shut down and wasn't digesting anything and I ended up in the hospital in EXCRUTIATING

Not really new. ;)

As with the french fries, the hydrolyzed wheat has been process to the point of no detectable gluten.

But, as in every restaurant (especially fast foods), chance for cross contamination/contact is high.

I was impressed that they put the McMuffin, minus the muffin, in a conainer by itself. It hadn't been assembled with the muffin yet. Got a couple of those during my trip with no side effects. Well, until today. Not sure which was cross contaminated.

to finish...

in excrutiating pain!! I went to the hospital and they were afraid of my intestines perforating...it was horrible!! Five hours of absolute hell!! I will never eat ANYTHING without checking the ingredients and knows for absolute certain that it is gluten-free. I was sick for three days after that, and the doc said I was lucky and to be more careful...

to finish...

in excrutiating pain!! I went to the hospital and they were afraid of my intestines perforating...it was horrible!! Five hours of absolute hell!! I will never eat ANYTHING without checking the ingredients and knows for absolute certain that it is gluten-free. I was sick for three days after that, and the doc said I was lucky and to be more careful...

Gosh, how terrible! We all have our lessons to learn, don't we? The odd part is even when I THINK I'm being careful, sometimes all of my "science" backfires on me.

Hope you are feeling better now :)

Gosh, how terrible! We all have our lessons to learn, don't we? The odd part is even when I THINK I'm being careful, sometimes all of my "science" backfires on me.

Hope you are feeling better now :)

Thanks, yeah, i'm much better now...i've really learned to never take anything for granted and to double check EVERYTHING i eat...

Yes, you do have to be careful with potatoes. My family thinks I am overeacting to ask at restaurants but I can't tell you how many times I have been told that there is wheat in the potatoes. The only things we would get at McDonalds are the sliced apples, maybe a side salad and a drink. I don't trust them.

Yes, you do have to be careful with potatoes. My family thinks I am overeacting to ask at restaurants but I can't tell you how many times I have been told that there is wheat in the potatoes. The only things we would get at McDonalds are the sliced apples, maybe a side salad and a drink. I don't trust them.

Frankly, I am now terrified of McDonald's, it's in my psyche, kinda like getting food poisoning from eating something, it ruins you on it. I don't think I could bring myself to eat there if I had to...