MitziG

Has Anybody Used Threelac For Candida?

Rate this topic

After numerous rounds of antifungals for chronic yeast infections, I finally started the candida diet. TORTURE. I am fantasizing about bananas with Nutella...anyway, have seen a lot of mention of a product called Threelac that is supposed to kill Candida. But...two of the ingredients are YEAST and Casein. I am casein intolerant (don't get sick but get tired, brain fog and bad acne) I suspect candida may be responsible for the casein problem though. So...any thoughts?

I tried it and it didn't do much for me. I think it held some symptoms at bay, but didn't work as advertised. They say you can use it and not have to do the diet - simply cut back on the sugar/carb stuff. Didn't work for me. Only thing that works for me is to cut out all carbs (starchy carbs, not veggie carbs), all sugar, and all alcohol. Needless to say, I don't do a great job at it. Had two glasses of wine last night and I'm feeling the pain this morning. My birthday is coming up, so I'm not going to try to jump back into the diet until after that. I've pretty much tried everything under the sun (and some things that I NEVER thought I would try), and the only thing that works is the diet along with anti-fungal supplements. I used to only take one of the many, but it wasn't doing the trick. So when I start the diet again this time around, I am going to cycle between a couple different ones every few days to see if I get a better result. If you find anything that works for you, definitely report back. So sorry you have to deal with this too - but know that you aren't alone in the struggle.