- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Savory Quinoa Muffins (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
These savory muffins make the perfect dessert, or just have them for a snack!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegetarian
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Vidalia onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 cups salsa, for serving
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Prepare muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa with remaining ingredients, except chives and salsa; mix well to combine.
Transfer quinoa mixture to prepared muffin pan. Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup to the top, then using a spatula, press down on the mixture to create a flat surface.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently remove quinoa muffins from the muffin cups.
Transfer to a serving platter; serve with a sprinkle of fresh chives and a side of salsa for dipping.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).