Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Valentine Shrimp Scampi (Gluten-Free)
Valentine Shrimp Scampi (Gluten-Free)
This recipe for easy, naturally gluten-free shrimp scampi is sure to please on Valentine's Day.
Shrimp scampi. Photo: CC--John Liu
Celiac.com 01/31/2017 - Here's an easy recipe that's sure to please your Valentine. Serve it over rice, or with your favorite gluten-free pasta and gluten-free bread. Either way, it's good for some love.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup jasmine or other white rice
- ¾ cup grated Romano cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
Cook rice according to directions.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
When butter starts to sizzle, stir in garlic and shrimp.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in wine and pepper.
Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds while stirring constantly.
Spoon shrimp over rice.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and chopped parsley.
Of course this can be served with your favorite gluten-free pasta.
Gluten-free bread always makes great companion to scampi.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Gluten-free Pasta with Shrimp Scampi
If you're looking to make a delicious, romantic pass dish that your loved one won't soon forget, look no further.... [READ MORE]
Classic Seafood Cioppino (Gluten-Free)
Cioppino is a classic seafood stew developed by Italian fishermen in San Francisco's North Beach area during the late 19th century.... [READ MORE]
Classic Minestrone Soup (Gluten-Free)
When I was in Italy, a while back, one of the delicious, reliable gluten-free staples was the local minestrone soup.... [READ MORE]
Spaghetti with Clams (Gluten-Free)
Spaghetti with clams has long been a favorite, and during a summer trip to Italy's sunny Amalfi coast a few years back, I was lucky enough to enjoy a gluten-free version of this quick, cheap, easy Italian classic.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams