Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everything I've read said that most m&ms are gluten free....but I did call Mars and they said they make the candy on the same equipment as the pretzel m&ms...though they are "stringent in cleaning the lines'.  Does anyone eat m&ms and has anyone had a problem? Thanks!

I do enjoy them from time to time, without issue :)

But in my preceeding  post, I stated that TOO much chocolate makes me uncomfortable with reflux.

I find it interesting that all M&Ms in Australia have gluten. Why and how do they make the "same" candy (they look the same....no idea on taste) out of different ingredients? It is a good reminder for the global audience that food advice here can be region specific! While we have heaps of gluten free food here in Australia, our family imports from the States all of the candy we consume.

I forgot that you moved there :) YEARS ago, it was posted here that M&M's were NOT gluten free in Australia/New Zealand (?).  I would think that the formulation would have changed by this point.

Of course, the crispy and the pretzel's are NOT gluten free in the US.

Chocolate and HFC Syrup both give me heatburn, althought not gluten free, I know to limit my exposure.