Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BZBee

Not Managing Solid Foods Too Well

I've been gluten free for almost 2 months and some symptoms have subsided. However, I can only eat one solid meal a day. I'm still relying on bananas and boost to keep me going. I know my intestines are in ruins and it will take time for them to heal. Anyone else in the same boat? If you were and have gotten better, how long until you could resume a normal diet?

I've been gluten free for almost 2 months and some symptoms have subsided. However, I can only eat one solid meal a day. I'm still relying on bananas and boost to keep me going. I know my intestines are in ruins and it will take time for them to heal. Anyone else in the same boat? If you were and have gotten better, how long until you could resume a normal diet?

After two months gluten free you should be feeling some relief (although I don't know your history in your previous posts).  Review your diet and keep a food diary.  Have you checked your meds, shampoo, lipsticks, or do you share equipment in your kitchen.

Begining a full gluten free diet is not as easy as some assume. It can be pretty complex and the learning curve is steep.  And a non balanced diet, is not good, as well.

You should eat meats, fish, fresh veggies, and fruit.  Potatoes and rice are good too.  Any simple product is good (ie. one ingredient).  And make sure no gluten gets past you.  Good luck and hope for a more rapid recovery. :)

Super=sensitive view:

BZBEE  After at least 30 years of symptoms and probably more years, I am 11 months gluten free.  I recently discovered intolerances to nearly all of the foods I have been eating.  I have likely not healed to the max because of those other intolerances.  Yet, I do feel better and like I am heading back to wholeness.  Just do the best you can cutting gluten and keep considering all else you can do as you need to.

I hope you will be feeling better as soon as possible.